Sunday, September 22, 2013

PICKIN'S


I've been wanting to plant some sweet annie for a while now and never get around to ordering the seeds.  Made some prim stars with little "pockets" sewn on the front and wanted to stick a small bunch of drieds in there. So I wandered around the yard the other night and snipped off some things from my rock garden and some wild mint, yarrow and what I think might be wild oregano? Boy did that bouquet smell good!


The fuzzy bumbles seemed to be "sleeping" on the wild mint - five or six of them.  It was in the evening and getting chilly.  I picked around them :)


Ended up hanging little bunches to dry.  Just taped some of them to the shelf.  I don't have much time or focus to do things the Martha Stewart way so I just did it my way and we shall see what happens.

Am hoping to plant some good smelling herbs next year along with sweet annie. Seen some raised gardens made out of pallets on Pinterest last week - that would be cool.

Happy Autumn blog buddies - hope the coming week is good to you♥

~*~Lisa

8 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

Lovin all of your dried goods, I bet they smell yummy. hugs, Lecia

Raymond Homestead said...

I bet it did smell good! Happy Autumn!

Jackie said...

Pretty and sweet smelling, can't ask for more than that. xxx

BumbleBeeLane said...

The little bee made me smile. They love our russian sage in the summer.Warm Blessings! Amy

Primitive Stars said...

Happy Fall, love Sweet Annie, smells heavenly.....Blessings Francine.

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

I like what you've done with your drieds! Looks great and I'm sure they smell wonderful!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Mornin Lisa!
I bet it smelled yummy!
I tried planting some sweet annie seeds and nothing happened ~ where are you going to get your seeds? I'd like to try again.
What you're not going to show us your pocket star???
Happy Fall!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Firecracker Kid said...

Ahh, pretty flowers. You've inspired me to go out back and snip me some posies too. I love the herbs too and they grow easily. Good thing fuzzy bumbles were taking a siesta :) I stepped on them a lot when I was a child and always had itchy feet for it... lol. Take care :)
Blessings,
Carol