Friday, October 4, 2013

WATCHERS IN THE WOODS

Do you ever walk in the woods?  I do, as much as I can.  I've always loved the woods. Sometimes when I am out there...I feel like someone is watching me.  Do you ever get "that feeling"?  Little eyes watching from places I don't see.  And sometimes I even hear a little scampering of feet.  If you are one who believes in fairies...or magical little beings...maybe you can picture one running to hide under this cool toadstool.

Sometimes I come upon the perfect little home for some type of furry creature...I gingerly peek in hoping I won't see two eyes gleaming back at me.  If you look close enough, there are little homes everywhere in the woods.  Most are hidden well.  I believe the majority of residents sleep through the day and emerge at night.  

Speaking of "gingerly"...I am making slight progress in Christmas crafts:
Dipped some orange slices and salt dough stars in wax and primmed up some gingers that are not finished.  The larger pattern is by Robin of Bird in the Hand Primitives and the smaller ginger pattern is by Jenifer Gaston of The Woolen Willow.  Have some rusty bells and homespun scarves waiting for them.

TGIF blog buddies - hope you are enjoying the fall and all the good that comes with it.

~*~Lisa

4 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Lisa, I love a walk in the woods too, the smell, sights and sounds, and yes, I feel little woodland fairies peeking out at me, I believe.........Love the Gingers, bet your house smells wonderful, Blessings Francine.

Firecracker Kid said...

Such interesting finds! That's an excellent home for someone in that tree. Oh yeh, we've walked in the woods and I felt the same way as you... lol. The woods is a nice place to get a good walk on. Just watch out for bears!
Blessings,
Carol

BumbleBeeLane said...

Love the fat belly gingerboys. I love a walk in the woods by my self so much magic to be found. Warm Blessings! Amy

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Oh there are always eyes watching you in the woods and if you are very, very lucky you can look right back into those eyes containing that wonderful wildness. The woods are my favourite place to be, at any time of the year. Your Christmas creations are looking wonderful, can't wait to see your finishes! Deb