Tuesday, December 10, 2013

KITTY CAPS

"What 'cha doin' Mom?"

"Taking a picture of our old couch, a.k.a. your clawing post."

This old thing has survived over a decade of baby barf, toddler gymnastics resulting in rips and stuffing pouring out of the side and gaggles of pre-teens.  The fabric is so worn it is almost threadbare in spots.  It has served as a bed and claw post for two cats.  All of the recliners are broken. We are FINALLY getting a new couch and I can't believe it.  Nothing extravagant - very plain and affordable...but at least the stuffing isn't falling out in clumps! LOL!  


Now, wipe that worried look off of your kitty face.  You are not getting de-clawed.

Have you ever heard of "kitty caps"?  They are these little rubber like covers you slide over your kitty's claws.  We researched them and my husband put them on the cat this week.  She doesn't even know they are on.  She is an indoor cat and I don't like de-clawing if you don't have too.  I'm so glad we found these:

I would normally scoff at something like this, but they work.  You just have to be very careful to not push them into the cuticle or get the adhesive on the cuticle or fur. In 4 to 8 weeks they fall off or you gently remove them, clip the nail and apply a new set.  Yay kitty!  Yay couch!

~*~Lisa

7 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Oh Lisa these sound great! Where do you buy them? Sweet kitty..love those expressions. Janice

Maureen said...

"Kitty face" does look very concerned in the second picture! What a nifty invention someone came up with. Enjoy your new couch!

Farmhouse prims said...

Lisa, I know you are thrilled to be getting a new couch. And those claw caps are awesome, I don't like declawing either. hugs, Lecia

Trace4J said...

Oh my goodness I need those bad.
SO cute too.
Congrats on new furniture.
Woolie HUGS

Nancy said...

I must admit that I am not really a cat person. Your photos are cute though, and I like the peek at your pretty tree. Congrats on getting a new couch! :o)

Primitive Stars said...

Wow!!! I never heard of them either, enjoy the new couch, Sweet kitty though, Francine.

Roberta said...

We used to declaw our cats but haven't done it on the last two. Our newest looks like yours (she's a rescue kitty but I think she's a Russian Blue) and she is a challenge with the furniture. I'll try the caps! Thanks. ~Roberta