Sunday, December 15, 2013

SPINNING IN A WINTER WONDERLAND

No, I didn't spin out on a patch of ice...the "spinning" part of the winter wonderland is in my head.

Been having the urge to walk this year in the snow. Don't know where that came from. Took these pics this morning in the yard.  We got about a foot of the fluff yesterday and it is still falling gently.

My husband bought a new mower/blower this year and he is gearing up to go blow again.  Think he blowed three times yesterday.  "It's something that's gotta be done", he says.  I know, though.  It's his new toy.  Because last year it wasn't "something that's gotta be done", LOL!

He gets up quite early. So my breakfast is his lunch. My time to ease into the day is his time to get everything done NOW.  And oh, there is so much to do: finish Christmas shopping (I do not have fun with shopping. It's always been a struggle for me for different reasons); Figure out why my no bake cookies didn't set up AGAIN (damn you no bake cookies!!!!) Is it because I used margarine instead of butter?  And what in the bloody blazes is "oleo" anyway?; Take two to three hours of our evening to do the Christmas pageant at church. Our girl has one stanza to a poem that will take all of 15 seconds to recite....

Are ya getting the picture?  I rolled out of bed with green fur this morning!  I am a bah-humbug today!  A GRINCH!  All the little Who's down in Whoville flipping around and singing....blech.
There are some days...most days on the weekend...when I just want to stay in my pj's and in my house and not be responsible and not worry about what needs to be done.  Out of tradition...out of guilt...because everyone else is doing it...

And oh....there is so much to do.  That requires me to change out of my PJ's.  
And the snow falls.
And the man plows. 
And we eat the cookies with a spoon. 

   
"He puzzled and puzzled till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. Maybe Christmas, he thought... doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps... means a little bit more!"  
 -How the Grinch Stole Christmas 1966

Amen.

~*~Lisa

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love all of your pictures of the snow, it's beautiful :-) We are having 80 degree weather here..
I so know how you are feeling, I am feeling just like the Grinch myself this morning.. I don't know where my Christmas spirit has gone..
Have a wonderful day!! Hugs~Melissa

BumbleBeeLane said...

Girl we all have those days! I say snuggle in, stay in your pjs and shop amazon..LoL...oleo is margerine sounds like maybe your margerine is to soft are you using stick form? Enjoy your bah humbug day..smile.. Amy

Primitive Stars said...

Ba humbug!!!!! Oh girlfriend, I agree with Amy, stay in your Jammie's and eat cookies, yum yum...looks so pretty at your home with all the snow, Blessings Francine.

Jackie said...

So it's not just me? Use butter and your no bake cookies will definitely set. The way it is heating up here I think I will be opting for no bake too. Hope your blah's turn to smiles soon. xx

Nancy said...

Oh, Lisa! I really enjoyed this post! lol Your pictures are gorgeous and your attitude is priceless! You just shed that green fur and get into the joy of the season! Take a deep breath and remember that life will continue even if your long list is not completed! Focus on the meaning and reason for the celebration of CHRISTmas! Enjoy! :o)

Trace4J said...

Oh friend my no bakes (my hubs fav were crumbling and dry)
Another batch I will go.
Them stinkin bah humbugs are everywhere.
Shake shake got to shake it off..
Me anyway.
I think PJS are wonderful everyday.
HUGS

Raymond Homestead said...

Such pretty pictures of the snow! I find myself being a grinch quite often. It seems like the older I get the less patience I have!

peggy said...

Loved your post, Lisa and going back to read the article. It is so beautiful where you live and here too but it gets quickly messed up in the city. My good neighbor has been snowblowing my walk, I have to make him some pasties. I use butter, but oleo is just margarine. I heard someone say shortening is called that because it shortens your life. I haven't baked a thing ...yet.