Thursday, January 23, 2014

CAN I CHOOSE MY MUSE?


Pondering inspiration and focusing lately...

One of my biggest inspirations has always been seeing works in progress or the space where others create.  Sometimes when I'm yearning for inspiration I'll search for featured workspaces and studios online.  Today I found a featured doll artist's studio and it was packed with creativity. The artist mentioned her muse.  I thought her muse must be awesome because her creations and workspace were so cool.

So that got me to thinking...what is a muse?  I mean, I know what a muse is...but I wanted to know a bit more.  So I did another online search and read about Greek mythology and the muses for art, music and poetry.  There were pictures of beautiful Greek sculptures of these breathtaking creatures who have inspired the greatest artists throughout history.

So THAT got me to thinking...

"who is my muse?"

Because my little wall quilt of strawberries flying through space looks like poop.
(see "Strawberry Universe" post)
I took a picture to share but chose to spare you, LOL

Seriously...I think my muse is off someplace living it up with an umbrella drink playing checkers on the deck of a cruise ship in a tropical climate somewhere because she sure isn't doing her job here.

If I could choose my muse?  Oh...she would be by my side every minute.  I can just picture her.
So artistic and cool.  So calm and collected.  So talented and able.  She would have a go-with-the-flow {slash} let's-make-this-happen attitude.  

**SIGH**

Yah. As soon as my muse gets back from vacation we have to talk.

~*~Lisa

8 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Aha!! Now I figured it out!! Me thinks my muse and your muse must be off musing together (or whatever it is muses do when they aren't doing what they were intended to do....) !!! And I am not vey aMUSEd either... Sorry. Yeah. I so get it.... (But really, what's wrong with your strawberries fields??? At least you have accomplished SOMETHING....which is far more than I can say....) Well...if/when you find those muses....send mine back to me, eh??? Hang in there kiddo.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (Love that song by the way....)

Trace4J said...

What a cool post.
Mine is off on vacay too.(or maybe just taking a long winters nap.)
But thats ok I am playing with baskets of left over yarn and making a happy blankie.
My muse is def wearing converse sneakers.
They make me happy and feel alittle cool.
Creative too..
Woolie JOY

Primitive Stars said...

LOL!!!! YOU WILL BE OK MY FRIEND, BLESSINGS FRANCINE.

Jean @ Prim Crafts said...

Thank you Lisa~ you gave me such a giggle this morning. I needed that.
Your strawberry Universe is not poop! It's very nice and creative.
Your muse was inspired by the commercial you seen to create the flying strawberries.
We all loose our muse from time to time~ but it always seems to find it's way back.
Since I've been sick, I think mine went with yours~ I just wish she'd taken me with her~ sounds like fun!
Have a great weekend Lisa.
Blessings~Jean

lilraggedyangie said...

Lol...I reckon your muse and mine are having lots of fun without us...I hope you find the spark soon...I'm struggling as well...it has to be the weather ...stay warm hugs lil raggedy Angie

Prims By The Water said...

Hmmm...right now my muse would need to be someone who could be in touch with Mother Nature to get rid of this Polar Vortex..the wind is at 40 mph and the actual temp is 10...YUK Janice

Jackie said...

Lucky your Muse is just on vacation, I think mine has retired. Is there someplace we can advertise for a new one?? xx

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

LOL, well Lisa hopefully she will come back refreshed and recharged and ready to inspire you to create :O) Have a drink with an umbrella in it while you wait for her return, can't hurt right?! Deb