Sunday, January 12, 2014

EDGE OF THE GARDEN


I don't get to sit and watch a lot of movies. My people don't like the same movies I do and I have to be careful because if the story is too sad I am a wreck for days.

Yesterday afternoon we were stuck inside because of the freezing rain and I caught the above movie on the Hallmark channel when I was able to sneak to the back bedroom to plan some sewing projects. 

I'm a sucker for old fashioned ghost stories and mysteries that span time.
ANNNND parts of this movie took place at the edge of a once beautiful garden, abandoned for some 50 years. (The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett remains my favorite book and movie even as an adult)

I won't tell you any more about "Edge of the Garden" in case you want to watch it sometime (I think it's a couple years old at least).  Hint: the last 5-10 minutes are the best part!

(I wanted to let you know too, I recently changed my email because my blog comments were getting caught in my spam and I could not retrieve them. My old email became flooded with spam after we used it to book a hotel last summer and it's been a nightmare. I apologize for not responding via email to recent comments!  Hopefully the new addy will fix the problem. I love your visits and comments!♥)

~*~Lisa

10 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hmmmmm....I have not heard of this movie....But it seems I like the sort of movies you do, and if you're giving it the thumbs up, I might just have to search it out. Oh....forgot my manners....Hello, Remember me? Merry Christmas...Happy New Year....and all that stuff.... I do know you haven't forgotten me, because you, unlike me, have been a bit more faithful in your visits... For that, and more, I thank you. Congrats on your win from Granny Trace....She makes some sweet snow fellas! And organize...yeah...that's on one of my lists somewhere... But I mean it... This room is becoming dangerous.... I think I lost a cat in here somewhere.... Smiles & Hugs...and Happy New Week ~ Robin (PS....Any no bakes left??? I LOVE those things!) ;o) (PSS....Merci pour le souhait .... mais je ne trouve la paix là .....)

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Lisa, I don't think that I ever watched a bad movie on Halmark, would love to see this movie. Hugs, Lecia

Raymond Homestead said...

I'm with you when it comes to sad movies. I will not watch them if I know they are sad. It took me nearly 2 weeks to bounce back after watching the Titanic!

Primitive Stars said...

Glad you got to enjoy the movie, sounds great, Francine.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Ahhh, I see you are a romantic :O) I've never heard of this movie so will have to watch for it. My favourite movies are the oldies, I am addicted to the Turner Classic Movie channel (TCM) and will watch an old movie any day of the week over any of the new offerings. So I guess I'm a bit of a romantic myself?! Stay safe with the freezing rain, scary stuff! Deb

lilraggedyangie said...

Thanks for the movie lead...I don't get to watch many shows on tv or movies ...like you my people don't have the same taste so it's always nice to get a lead. Have a great week...Hugs lil raggedy Angie

Trace4J said...

I cant wait to look for that movie.
I love a good movie.
Especially when creating.
Have a great week friend.
Woolie HUGS

Nancy said...

Hallmark movies are always among my favorites! :o)
I sent you an email after your last comment on my blog. I'll have to see if I sent it to the old address. I'll update it to the new one!
Have a great week, Lisa! :o)

Friendship Crossing said...

I've seen that movie a couple of times and it is a really good one!!
Love Rob Estes!!!
I love to watch a good Hallmark movie any day of the week!!

Tanya

jennifer768 said...

Love Hallmark movies,so I will be watching for that movie.Have a great day! Hugs,Jen