Thursday, January 2, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Happy New Year blog buddies!
Friend Peggy of A Primitive Plot wanted to see the Jingle Santa's face so I am posting a pic.

I am so very much looking forward to 2014, how about you?  Don't usually do resolutions, but I do plan to try and live intentionally.  I don't want to feel guilty for all the things I can't do but will try to do what I can to enjoy life and for others.  

2013 brought some major changes which were not easy but in the long run were healthy.  It's a big old crazy world we live in and I guess the most we can do is try to do our best in the space we are given and reach out beyond that space when the opportunity arises. Not always easy...but gotta keep on trying.

This year I want....
....to laugh by myself and laugh with others.  
....to encourage others and be encouraged
....to enjoy the earth and watch things wake up from a winter's sleep
....to create - it's important to let your heart speak through your hands  

Started to clean out my craft area (again) this weekend.  One of the best organizational tips I've ever received was from my friend Patti (Primitive at Heart).  By placing each pattern in a page protector and filing patterns by seasons or item, it saves so much space and time.  It makes it so much easier to find a pattern. And the binders and protectors can be fairly cheap.

one of my Chestnut Junction patterns - love them!


I just taped on labels with scrap paper, but you could get fancy with purdy color binders and fancy paper labels and have fun with it.  Patti is one of my biggest inspirations when it comes to crafting.  We can talk for hours about different ideas.  I am blessed to have her as a friend♥

Wishing you health and joy and strength in this coming year friends♥
Looking forward to visiting you and your visits here!

~*~Lisa

5 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Happy New Year Lisa, hope you get to do what you want to.....Hugs Francine.

Jackie said...

Well that sounds a lot more organised than the cardboard box full of patterns that I have shoved in a cupboard. Love your list of what you want to do this year. Happy New Year to you and yours. xx

Prims By The Water said...

I have all of my patterns (ideas) stashed in a 20 gallon crock. Each season has its own manila folder. After I make the pattern, I toss them. I had a customer that was shocked when I told her I don't keep my own patterns..but this way if they want something, they better purchase it then. My crock is full of ideas...whew I would never be able to be as organized as you. Kudos to you!!! Janice

Nancy said...

Happy New Year, Lisa! Another great post! I must say I love that binder system, and I just might have to try it! Thanks so much for sharing! :o)

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Happy New Year Lisa! Love your pledges for the New Year, wonderful ideals to strive for. And organization, why does the New Year always inspire that desire in us?! I've been searching for ways to organize my stamps on YouTube and love Patti's pattern organizing ideas. Maybe one day I'll actually do it!! Deb