Tuesday, January 14, 2014

SIMPLE FOCUS BOARD

Thanks for all the shared ponderings about focusing on projects and in general! It's so cool to be able to bounce things off each other and share and laugh together...love my blog buddies!!!

So talking about focus...one thing I did a while back was put together a real simple bulletin board to pin my notes or sketches or pattern pieces on that I didn't want to get buried.  

It's not a new idea and there are 100 better ways to make one, but if you ever want to throw a "focus board" together real quick and at little cost:

All you need is a piece of foam board that is available by the poster board at the dollar store. I saved my piece on it's way to the garbage.  Cut it down to the size you want - just score and snap it.  Lay it on a piece of fabric that is slightly larger than the board.  Wrap the fabric to the back of the board and tape it to stay.

I just use pins to tack the notes and patterns on the board.  Push pins will go straight through but you could always double up your foam board.  Not a "finished" look, but it works.  I just sat this one on the edge of my sewing table and it leans against the wall.

Sorry about the pics not being good...I need to go back to using my camera and stop being lazy with my phone.

Driving home from work today.  A colorless world.  Blech.

~*~Lisa



14 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

What a great idea to bounce your ideas on! Also like your strawberry patch too. Janice

Sonia said...

Mercy, I wouldn't like driving home on that snowy road. :)

I like the display board idea. Thanks for sharing it.

lilraggedyangie said...

Thanks for sharing such a great idea...focus is something I'm lacking greatly this week lol...wow y'all have TONS of snow ...nothing but mud down my way...have a great Wednesday...Hugs lil raggedy

Nancy said...

I LOVE the sweet snowman on your board, Lisa!
I find a board like this very helpful...until I clutter it up so much with ideas that I cant see anything! lol
Have a great day! :o)

Primitive Stars said...

Love the idea of the board, thanks.....no fun driving in that, we are hit today with blowing snow, yuk, Blessings Francine.

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Love the sample board idea...and that snowman you have on yours is adorable.

jennifer768 said...

Love your snowman on the board! Such a great idea to use the board.I have a bulletin board stuck behind a cupboard.Guess I need to drag it out and put it to good use.LOL! Wow,that is a lot of snow.Have a great day.Hugs,Jen

Trace4J said...

Great idea.
I use a old ironing board.
I love your strawberrie too.
Bought some today from the market.
YUM!
Stay warm in that beautiful white stuff.
Warm Woolie Hugs

Jackie said...

Much better way to do it than mine, I just tape things to the sewing room wall. Driving home from work here is much different. Airconditioner blasting and a dry dusty landscape. A week over 40C is probably the opposite of you.x

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

That IS simple! The hardest part for me would be figuring out which homespun to use to cover it, ha. Cute snowman pattern!

Be careful out there in that mess. We've been really cold at times but thankfully not much snow and ice. Stay warm~

Barb said...

Great Idea Lisa!
I am going to get me started on one of those.
Hate to drive in those conditions-glad you are home safe.
Enjoy your weekend,
Barb

Raymond Homestead said...

Neat idea!

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Great idea for the idea board Lisa, I know that we can do it virtually on Pinterest but I like to see it right in front of me all the time to either spark me or guilt me into doing something LOL! Have to go buy a piece of foam board at the $1 store and make one too. As for your colourless world, just put on a pair of rose coloured glasses and see how purty it will be ;O) Stay safe on those roads, Deb

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Lisa, Love your tutorial for the focus board, thank you for sharing. I love yours, Hugs, Lecia