Thursday, February 6, 2014

BE VERY AFRAID...

I love the way nature inspires art.

So many of the primitive creations that tug at our hearts are straight out of nature. Plants...animals.  I love all of the owls that have been so popular the past few years.  And cats...always the cats.  They are both nocturnal you know.  They come alive and do their thing at night.  They need to hunt.  They want to play.  Have you ever tried to fall asleep on the floor in a living room in a house where more than one cat lives?  Not happening.  They will bank-shot off of you and land on your head while chasing each other the entire night.  Threaten them all you want.  It is night.  It is their time.  Not yours, human.

  
Our sweet little furball of a cat loves to visit me in the back room at night when I'm watching TV or sewing.  She is so gentle and sweet.  She will cuddle on my lap or stretch out on the floor at my feet purring softly.

But then it comes time for me to make the long trek from the back room, down the dark hall and across the vast living room to my bedroom.  It is at that point I am struck with fear.  Because I know without a doubt...within the black cavern under the dining room table lurks the elusive, nocturnal feline.  

One moment I am walking by myself in the peace of pure, dark silence...the next I am violently body-slammed by 12 pounds of flying fur that clings to my leg tightly and just long enough to communicate:  "you are mine, human".  And before I can catch it, this nocturnal hyper-beast disappears once again into the darkness...only to employ multiple repeat-attacks before I reach the safety of my bedroom.  

Do you have one of those?

Be Afraid.  Be Very Afraid.....

~*~ Lisa

9 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Oh such a great post Lisa....I do not have a kitty now but growing up always owned one or two. I know about the nightly jaunts by those kitty's all to well. Hugs Francine.

TheCrankyCrow said...

HA!!! What a great post Girlfriend!! And what a funny kitty friend you have!! Ummmm, yeah....I have 2 kitties...but one thinks he's a dog....He waits patiently until I go to bed, and I say "Let's go sleepy night Sasha," and he follows me (a respectful step behind) up the stairs and to bed. The other....will, she's a cat of a different color....and she's too cross-eyed and clumsy to "attack" anything....at any time of the day or night.... ;o) Love, love, love this post. Be careful out there.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Trace4J said...

hehehe
I have two.
OH MY!
They only sleep when I dont.
Woolie Hugs
I am afraid :)

Jackie said...

LOL. Many years ago we went away on holiday and a friend house sat for us. I told him not to walk around the house with bare legs cause of 'the cat'. When we came home, the state of his legs made it quite obvious that he hadn't listened. I think every cat owner has at least one cat that does that in their lifetime. xx

lilraggedyangie said...

What a pretty kitty...and yes I do have one of those always lurking just waiting to jump around a corner and seat MY back side or attack my feet...have a great weekend and beware of what lurks in the shadows lol hugs lil raggedy Angie

Prims By The Water said...

Shadow sits on a chair near our hall and back paws me when I go past. Then almost every night one of them purposely trips me when I go to bed.. Loved your post and looking at your header bunnies...so cute! Janice

Raymond Homestead said...

Oh Lisa, this is funny. Jasper certainly does his fair share of jumping, practically flying through the air out of no where, scares me to death when I'm not expecting it!

Firecracker Kid said...

Ha ha ha! That's so cool, but I hope she doesn't hurt you. Yes, our new kitty, who looks just like your night time bounder, attacks us while we're in bed! Oh Lord, stay outta their way when they're chasing each other through the house too or one might catch a claw in the toe or leg. I keep my handy six shooter by my side, which is an old squirt bottle. This keeps them at a distance for a short time, LOL. Gotta love them and they just wanna have fun.
Hugs~Carol

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

LOL, I can see it now Lisa! No ninja cats in our house I'm afraid as I'm allergic to them (although I do love them ... achoo!! ... excuse me!)