Saturday, March 15, 2014

SIGNS OF SPRING


Just took this pic through the patio door glass of a chipmunk in the lilac tree.  We still have plenty of snow but signs of life are showing!


Best of all, my beloved Mama and Daddy squirrel survived the winter and made an appearance. This will be the fourth spring they have come back. I was worried about how they were surviving through the winter.  This is Mama working her way up to the porch for her bread.  Daddy was to the right gathering oak leaves and building their nest.  They chose a pine close to the house this year.  I love them.

And every year I find myself more and more fighting the desire and pull to live among the animals...out in the woods...away from most humans (as long as I have internet, LOL).  

THAT REMINDS ME!

Madness...Spring Fever...I have a Funky Flower to share with you.
I like it.  Make one too if you like!  Make a garden!  Wrap a dowel in fabric for a stem or use a stick and put a bouquet in a crock or mason jar or pitcher!  Forgo the stems and pile them in a bowl or basket on the counter or table!  Be artsy and sew a thread hanger on the back and arrange some on a wall!

Just click on the pic for the pattern.

WELCOME SPRING! I LOVE YOU!

~*~Lisa

8 comments:

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Your squirrels are so cute! Happy that they made it safely through the winter and I am with you Lisa, far out in the bush surrounded by nothing but critters and trees is where I want to be too :O) LOVE your funky flowers, thanks for the pattern! Be careful saying the 'S' word though, come over to my blog to see what Ol' Man Winter did to us because I was crowing about "that season" ;O)

Jackie said...

Glad to see that there is warmer weather on the way and your family of squirrels survived the Winter. xx

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Lisa, wonderful signs of Spring, like you I want to live in the woods with the animals.....funky flower is so cute, Thanks Francine.

Fran. said...

Hey Lisa you are givin me hope girl!! LOL My squirrels are back too and eatin up lll the suets and bird seed but I don't care either I love them there are the animals I have!! LOL And that flower is cool thanks for the share!! XOXO Love Fran.

Trace4J said...

Just wonderful and funky too.
Come on Spring we are waiting for you.
Woolie O Blessings

Firecracker Kid said...

It's wonderful when God's creatures love to live with us. We have squirrels and Blue Birds every year that we watch. Now we've got deer that come to our back door. Beautiful.
I'm with you on living in nature as long as I can have me a tin roof to listen to the rain.
Hugs~Carol

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

I don't think I've ever seen a black squirrel! We have woods behind our house so I do see brown squirrels quite often. We had one fall in our pool a few years ago. He couldn't get out and died. Felt so bad. :(

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Forgot to thank you for sharing your funky flower pattern - :)