Saturday, April 5, 2014

BOY GEORGE


He's been asking me all day if he can go outside to climb the trees.

I tell him "No" because it looks like THIS outside:


...and he insists on going barefoot because he is a "jungle boy".  "Be patient", I said. Not time for barefoot weather yet.

So instead, he has been jumping and climbing and hanging upside down on the couch, like a proper jungle boy would.  He is my first boy doll and much different from the girls in their pretty dresses and pantaloons and striped stockings.  

Caught a few haunted house movies this weekend while I stuffed and sewed:  "Clara's Secret" and "Secrets in the Walls" and "You Belong to Me".   

Still have three primitive dolls waiting to be stuffed, put together and dressed.  And three doodles on my dining room table:  a bunny shelf sitter, birthday kitty and "fang"...she's a girl raggedy who lives at the end of the street in an old victorian house.  Ah...too many scary movies! LOL

Hope your weekend has been good to you♥

~*~Lisa

10 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

I'm hoping our snow is over. It snowed last sunday but has slowly been improving. Sweet little guy. Warm Blessings! Amy

Peppercorn Primitives said...

Awww, Boy George is so cute! Love his little face! And his jungle clothes are great! It really suits him!
I've tried to follow you on Google Friend Connect, but I don't think that thing is working anymore.
Blessings,
Andrea

Primitive Stars said...

Naughty little boy, but sweet. Oh I cannot watch movies like that, would never sleep. So much snow out your way Lisa, like here but melting slowly, Blessings Francine.

Barb said...

Are you ever going to see spring? That is just wrong for April!
Love scary haunted house movies will have to check these out.
Wishing SPRING will sprung for you soon!
Enjoy your day,
Barb

Fran. said...

LOVE it Lisa!! Now I can't wait to see the Haunted Lady Doll!! LOL You are like me nothing is safe from your creative mind!! HA HA and yours was a scarey movie!!! LOVE THAT!!! Your boy George is adorable!!! You asked me if I ever made squirrel and yes I did. There is a pic on my blog a few posts back I believe. I made it for me while I was on my trip last fall to see my daughter. My SIL was driving I sewed!! I kept it for me but will probably make some more. If you can't find the pic let me know. Funny story I was trying real hard to draw out a pretty sheep doll as all of mine come out lookin cute not pretty!! LOL Well my daughter Brooke has been wanting me to make her a sock monkey. Well low and behold after I made monkey ears instead of sheep ears it looked like a monkey!! LOL only me and darn it I still want to make that pretty sheep but guess what my next doll is gonna be!! Yep a MONKEY too!!! Sorry about the snow we have sun today!! Are you on facebook Lisa? Oh yea now the pressures on for the cool haughted lady!!! XOXO Love Fran.

Primitive at Heart said...

Boy George is so adorable. I wish spiring would hurry up and get here. I am so sick of cold weather.

Patti

Fran. said...

Hi Lisa I am back!! LOL I am so sorry for goin on and on yesterday!! Must of been my pain meds!! LOL Anyways I wanted to let you know I have now changed my doll to a Crow stop by my blog it explains me!! I think!! LOL No monkeys here!! LOL But I still wanna see your haunted lady doll!! XOXO Love ya Fran.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Boy George is adorable and sounds like a very typical boy indeed! Sorry about the white stuff, hope it's gone soon but on the bright side it will keep you inside sewing, stuffing and creating :O) Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Deb

Prims By The Water said...

Boys will be boys..saw 6 freighters go by today...sure sign of Spring for me. LOL Janice

Nancy said...

What a great boy doll...in his crazy monkey pants! I think you should let him go out and play in that snow...barefoot or not! There won't be many more opportunities, right? Lovely photo btw! :o)