Tuesday, April 1, 2014

NEW DOLLY

 She started as a twinkle in my eye...



Welcome to the world dolly!
She is a "Moonlit Raggedy" for sure as I stayed up 'till midnight three nights in a row to finish her. I was so anxious to see her finished...


Here is a close-up of her "crooked" smile!  Have you ever met anyone with a crooked smile?  I like those kind of folks, they always seem to be on the verge of laughter or telling a great story.

I can't believe all the time that goes into making one doll.  Although she's raggedy, she's not really primitive, so I hemmed all the edges and tried to hide stitches...definitely takes more time. And the older I get, the more impatient I am!  I thought it was supposed to be the other way around?

I'm already excited about making a boy raggedy with a monkey jumpsuit...and a little princess with really PINK hair...so many dolls, so little time.

It's really thawing here.  In fact our garage had about four inches of standing water this morning...I spent three hours straight getting rid of that.  Been doing a little spring cleaning too...I'm so achy from chopping the ice in our driveway...to drain the water in our garage...the spring cleaning is on hold!

Thanks for visiting and welcome to new blog buddies!  Hope your week has started out good!

~*~Lisa

13 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Happy April Lisa, what a sweet Raggady dolly, that smile is adorable, Blessings Francine.

Prims By The Water said...

How stinkin cute your new dollies are! So glad it is warming up, but afraid of the ice when it comes down from the big lake. Janice

Trace4J said...

Oh my gosh Lisa!!
I LOVE HER!!
Funny I do love prim and dark colors but the season of heaviness I am going through the brighter colors really make me happy.
I painted my upstairs room a bright golden yellow and it really makes me feel happy. (and Im a dark color girl)
My crowhookie blanket I am making is filled with bright colors and I LOVE TOO.
Your doll just truly makes me smile.
I love her hair.
Woolie Bright Springtime colors and love :0)

Fran. said...

Oh Lisa I LOVE her crooked smile and I got a good laugh cuz I tend to smile out of the left side of my mouth!! And whenever I have a drink or just a little wine it goes into this crooked smile!! AND I have even noticed sometimes my dolls noses are a little crooked but I leave them as is!! I also LOVE that hair it matches her so well! Thanks for sharing!! pressures on Lisa I really wanna see your boy doll I am asked a lot if I make boys!! LOL I know I could but I really like making the clothes hair and assecories(SP) for the girls!! LOL Keep on Keepin on!! XOXO Love Fran.

Firecracker Kid said...

True to her name :) This little dollie would be perfect for a little girls Easter basket. I love the pleats :) Yes, my hubby has a crooked smile and tells lots of tales, LOL.
Oh, you're working too hard girl when you have to take a break to heal up, LOL. We're all rainy here with little muddy paws :)
Hugs~Carol

Peppercorn Primitives said...

Moonlit Raggedy - such a great name! She is adorable! Love how you did her mouth - it gives her a lot of personality! And I LOVE the cat print fabric! So cute!
Blessings,
Andrea

peggy said...

hi Lisa, I love all the new colors. This is just what we need after that long dark winter. Crooked smiles, make them even more special, like real!

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

She is adorable Lisa! Take it easy on the ice chopping, you don't want to strain those sewing muscles!

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Lisa, Love your dolly, I just can't get into the creative mood. Love your motivation. Happy Spring. hugs, Lecia

Raymond Homestead said...

What a sweet dolly, she makes you smile!

Jackie said...

What a lovely bright little lady you have created, can't wait to see what you will come up with next. I never thought about all the water that would be around once the snow started to thaw, just one thing after another isn't it? The trees are putting on their Autumn colours here now, guess I better find the leaf rake soon. xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like that crooked little smile! She's adorable! Hugs!

Nancy said...

Yay for a super fun dolly, Lisa! She's so cute! Love her colored hair and her crooked smile! :o)