Saturday, May 3, 2014

BABY MER


It's at this point when I look at a project and wonder how in the world it could ever turn out to remotely resemble what it's supposed to look like in the pattern.


And then this happens.  She loves to sit on my lap when I'm sewing, and I love it too, but sometimes it slows things up LOL.


Well, the Baby Mermaid (pattern by bitofwhimsy) turned out okay.  Her tail fin didn't fit right so I had to pleat it, and her right arm slipped out of the seam, but like I always remind my daughter, practice makes perfect - I'll try to make those things work better next time.  Most of the bitofwhimsy patterns call for sewing the legs - or fins LOL - with a machine stitch on the outside.  I'm not used to this with a machine - it's pretty tricky to get a neat stitch because the piece is already stuffed and tends to be awkward.


Here's the pile where most of my WIP's are waiting for me.  Still have some prim dolls to the left that I started so long ago.  I started trying out Raggedies and soft dolls that were more child friendly than most of the prim dolls just in case I ever do a craft show again, I'll have something to offer the folks who don't get the primitive stuff and want to give things with rusty jingle bells to their baby for a rattle - LOL!  But I probably won't get that far as sewing time is few and far between.  The yardwork here and at my mom's is waiting and we are in full swing in track and soccer, which is fine.  I love doing things for my family and I'll kick out a doll or two when I can.

Thanks so much for visiting - I hope you are enjoying spring and creating when you can too! I'll try to catch up with you soon - thanks for leaving a light on♥

~*~Lisa

8 comments:

Jackie said...

How very very cute your little Merbaby is! Glad to see you are finding a little time to sew in between your busy life. xx

Earlene L. said...

Hi Lisa!

Baby is sweet!!!!
Happy Saturday
Earlene

peggy said...

I really like her, maybe you could do it your own way in the next one. I never sew legs on the outside, that doesn't make sense. I'm still working sewing because it is so cold and wet but I am looking forward to summer things too. Nice to hear from you.

Farmhouse prims said...

Lisa, Love your mermaid doll, you are so talented. Can't wait to see your finished prim dolls. Hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Lisa, love the wee Mermaid baby, sweet. I always have Angel by me, never can sit without her but that's ok. Happy Spring to you, Francine.

Prims By The Water said...

What an adorable lil mermaid Lisa! Like you I have piles of WIPS throughout the house. LOL Janice

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

So sweet your Baby Mer is!
I have a lot of wips too ~ wonder if I'll ever get them done!
Happy Creating ~ Enjoy!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Baby Mer is adorable and what great help you had LOL! Yes sewing does indeed take a back seat at this time of year when the garden is calling plus all the other activities you have on your plate. Your WIPs will be there when you get the time, I know mine certainly are!