Saturday, August 16, 2014

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND


Say hello to "Chippy"!

He (she?) has a den in our front yard.  He's been there a couple years.  He doesn't have a family.  This summer he finally decided he wanted to meet us and came right up on the porch while I was holding our cat.  Bad timing.  I told Chippy "this cat is not your friend, she will kill you and play with your dead body".  Then I put the cat inside and fed the chipmunk birdseed.  I know what some of you are thinking...we have friends who shoot these little buggers...they can be destructive.  But there's something about this little one.  Sometimes he will just sit and watch my husband work on his bike a foot or two away.  Every morning he sits on the arm of the chair on the porch and chirps for my daughter to come pet him.  She has claimed the Chippy as hers as I already have the Momma Squirrel on the back porch, who now comes up to the window and peers in if I don't see her waiting in the yard for her bread.  Luckily she has sent her young one's off so it is just her again.  This happens every year.  We are the rodent whisperers.

Summer Blessings ~*~Lisa

4 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Awww, Lisa he is to cute. Little Chipmunks are not as naughty as Squirrels, I'd say keep him around. Enjoy the summer.Blessings Francine.

Raymond Homestead said...

So cute!

Prims By The Water said...

How cute! I wish we had some chippys of our own here...I think the snakes ate them. Janice...ps..now the neighborhood cats have started coming around and no more snakes. WOOHOO

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Rodent whisperers, you are too funny! Chipmunks are so sweet, how can you resist that face?!