Sunday, August 10, 2014

SUMMER IN THE COUNTRY


Yesterday we took a ride to check out a moto-cross track my husband was interested in.  Took us about 40 minutes to get there via country highway, dirt road, and finally 2-track.  So I was in heaven.  It was in the evening and the light was that golden filtered light that you get after a hot August day and everything smelled wonderful.

We walked the track and my husband was happy about that.  I was trying to soak in all of the nature around me.  A lot of the time, sorry to say, I'm numb. But being in a place like we were yesterday - pictured above - all I can feel is pure joy.  This is my heaven.  

Between this place and the dirt road there is a trail through thick woods that was like a dark tunnel.  It was filled with huge crows - or ravens.  I counted five flying in front of our car.  The main road ran by many old farmhouses.  I wish I could have taken more pics to share with you but my hubby doesn't like to stop for pics, LOL.  Sometimes when you look at an old place you feel nothing, but others have such a strong essence.  Almost like they are calling to you.  (I bet you know what I mean♥)  

I dream about what it would be like to have a summer out in the middle of nowhere in the country, in a great old house with good juju.  Living simple, but having everything you need. Time standing still.  I don't really have a bucket list, but if I ever do make one, that will be on it.  

In the mean time I'm thankful for being where I am and my heart goes out to those suffering in Africa, the Middle East....in the cities filled with violence....so overwhelming and sad.

I hope you find your "country place" in your heart this week!

~*~Lisa

8 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Lisa, such a pretty picture and sounds so wonderful. Like you that is one of my dreams, country living in a good old farmhouse surrounded by fields and forests. God bless those that are suffering, Hugs Francine.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Mother Nature is a great healer Lisa. Hope that your wish to live in your farmhouse come true some day soon my friend.

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Lisa, wonderful peaceful photo,
When I drive in the country and see old abandoned farmhouses, I think about what it was like when people lived there. Probably little kids running around in the yard playing, chickens and cows and other animals there. Yes, so much suffering in the world, it makes my heart so sad. Lecia

Raymond Homestead said...

Isn't it so beautiful! I understand perfectly everything you said!

Fran. said...

Hey Lisa your Michigan kindred spirit here!! We spent some time this summer in the thumb of our beautiful state! Oh Lisa I am like you, I dream of living in one of those old cool houses!! Where other kindred spirits once lived doing what we love to do now!! Our state is so beautiful! And how lucky are you to have RAVENS!! We only have the CROWS which is my fav bird!!! THANKS for sharing!! I understand and get you and what you long for!! XOXO Love ya Fran.

Jackie said...

So when you find that old house that calls to you to stay let me know and I will join you there. Sounds like heaven and so far removed from the suffering and violence in this world. We can only hope that it will end soon. xx

Trace4J said...

What a beautiful photo.
I so do know what you mean.
Peace...

Prims By The Water said...

My summer country home is my own..spending time on our dock looking at the river traffic. So peaceful. Janice