Saturday, September 6, 2014

HOME FROM HOLLY

some treasures from Holly

Made the trip downstate to the 'Harvest at the Mill' antiques & primitives show in Holly Michigan.  
Made a stop at the original 'mill' which houses Holly Hills Primitives - wow, they sure had some great pieces! Here is a link to their blog:

I was so happy to meet some fellow bloggers at the show - I have to tell you, these folks are some of the nicest people I've ever met.  Janice & Bob from Back Porch Primitives had some great antiques and some of Janice's wonderful primitive handmades.
Janice's blog:
Janice & Bob's store on facebook:
Sweet Janice, her husband Bob and a lil yelloware bowl and pumpkin boy that had to come home with me!

Made my way over to Marie's booth, a.k.a. "Old Lady Morgan" and scored one of her OOAK jacks complete with signature!  Marie's husband was right by her side helping out - what nice folks!
Marie, my OLM jack and a cute lil stitchery pillow tuck from another vendor that goes so well with it and Marie and another chick I don't know (tee hee)

Check out Old Lady Morgan's blog here if you don't already follow her:

Right across the way was Earlene from Primitive Passion Decorating.  She is the Queen of primitive decor, you can check out her blog and all of her wonderful decorating and gardens here:

The lovely Earlene standing among her wares (including a black corner cupboard that would have gotten me in trouble if it came home with me like I wanted) and an awesome old glass jar the did come home with me along with the Halloween sign in the top pic.

There were so many other wonderful prim bloggers/vendors/artists at the show.  If you get the opportunity next year (spring or fall) I'm sure you would enjoy it as much as I did.  I'm so happy to have been able to meet some of my dear blog buddies!

~*~Lisa

7 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

What a great time it must have been!

peggy said...

I'm going next year!!!!

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Lisa,

Was great to finally met you!!! Thank you for your kind words! You make me blush!!! And for giving one of my Jack's a home! He looks very happy!!! Hugs! OLM

Primitive Stars said...

Oh Lisa, I wanted to go sooooo bad. What fun to meet the fellow bloggers, you are a sweetie pie. Great goodies you bought too, sweet pumpkins.Blessings Francine.

Prims By The Water said...

So glad you made the long trip to visit with us all...and so nice to finally meet you! I wish you lived closer. Janice

Trace4J said...

Wow ...what fun you lucky duck!!!
So many wonderful friends we have.
And such talent.
Woolie Hugs

Fran. said...

Hey Lisa I am so bummed you went too! I live about 30 minutes on a good day from there. LOL I-75 south!! I would of came and met you!! I had a baby shower and my husband was waiting for Ryan my step son to come up he's home from Africa for a week!! I would of came by myself!! Maybe next year!! Good to see pics of some of the Michiganders!! And you are so pretty thanks for sharing and the love the pumpkin!! XOXO Love Fran.