Monday, November 10, 2014

Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald


A TRIBUTE TO THE 29 MEN WHO LOST THEIR LIVES ON NOVEMBER 10, 1975 ABOARD THE EDMUND FITZGERALD ON LAKE SUPERIOR. 

My father, uncles and husband sailed the Great Lakes on these iron ore freighters. It's not an easy life, but after a while, the lakes become part of who you are.
This song is close to my heart.  God bless the memories of the men who sailed on the Fitzgerald and their families.

(you may have to pause the blog music on the wikiplayer at the top of the page to hear the video clip audio)

3 comments:

peggy said...

I remember when that happened so well. And even at odd times it pops up in my mind, it was such a sad day. No mariners in my family, but I can understand from reading how deeply they love the sea.

Fran. said...

Wondered what made your heart beat way up there in the U.P. How cool your family sailed on the Great Lakes I think Michigan is the most beautiful and unique state there is!! XOXO Love Fran.

Trace4J said...

Wow!!
Thank you for sharing.
I've heard the song many times.
And to see the video.
What a wonderful remembrance.
So thankful for all who give so much.
Warm Woolie Hugs