Monday, December 29, 2014

ERNIE THE ELF


My friend Peggy over at A Primitive Plot suggested I try this pattern from The Olde Country Cupboard a while back.  After the designer, Sandy, passed away, I didn't have the heart to finish him up, but finally did last night.  I know Peggy has made some of these up and they are so cute, I love all of her creations.  Going to try and make another in lighter colors before moving on to bunny-bunnies.

I've also been trying to work on some non-primitive dolls and finished a couple up recently.  If you would like to check them out you can visit my "Stuffing & Stitches" blog by clicking the link at the top of the left hand sidebar.  I'm hoping to try and sell these at a craft show this July.  I've never done anything but primitives so I'm a bit nervous but hoping for some sales and more-so some happy little hearts.
  
Hope you are doing something you enjoy today - planning your spring garden, decorating (or de-decorating? Bah-Humbug!) Or sewing - like me!  Thanks for visiting friends!

~Lisa

7 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

What a cute elf. I am currently working on Valentine goodies for our store. Will post pics soon..then on to bunnies myself for our Holly and Breckenridge shows. Happy New Year Lisa! Janice

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Lisa, sweet little Ernie, love him.... Slowly putting away the Christmas goodies, but not feeling good so it's a slow go.Happy New Year, Francine.

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Lisa, I love your elf, I know Sandy would be proud of him and you using her pattern, she will forever have a special place in our hearts. hugs, Lecia

Trace4J said...

How cute is he!
I hope you had a good Christmas.
I am hoping to work on my doll again soon.
And a few other unfinished projects that were put away for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I just wanna sew...
Happy New Year Sweet Friend :))

Fran. said...

Hi Lisa I am kind just been chillin since the big day BUT got a few orders I gotta kick out!! Where is the show you want to do in July? Just curious or maybe nosey!! lol I kinda have been thinking I really wanna step outside m box and do one some where else in Michigan. Boy would that make me get goin!! lol Cute Elf!! Gonna check out your other blog. XOXO Love ya Fran.

peggy said...

I love your little Ernie and I think Sandy would want us to be happy making her designs and keeping her spirit in them. Happy New Year

Prims and Annies said...

I make elves from Sandy's pattern also. When I first started making dolls, her patterns were the first ones I purchased. I have pictures on FB Prims and Annies https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prims-and-Annies/434919783259363?ref=hl I miss Sandy but she will live on through her patterns.