Friday, July 17, 2015

CHECKING IN


Hi friends - just checking in!

Yet another apology for not visiting you and sharing.

This spring my mom went into the hospital with pneumonia at the age of 85.  While there we learned she had a mass on her lung.  Long story short, about a month later we began radiation at a hospital in a town 45 minutes away.  On May 26th in the middle of her 2nd treatment, she had a massive brain bleed (aneurysm/stroke).  The ER doctor told me she wouldn't make it through the night and they transported her to the local Hospice house.  I spent that night with her and every night and day in the following week (lost 7 pounds that week!).  She stayed there 2 additional weeks and we were able to move her into an assisted living facility in our own town that coordinates with Hospice.  She's been there for a month now and just turned 86. Some days are good, some are bad.  No one can believe she is still alive.  Mom is pretty stubborn - we've been through alot together and it hasn't always been easy or fun.  I went back to work and visited her every morning, noon and after work.  I finally started spending more time at home recently but all I do is worry about her.  I don't know what the next few days, weeks or months will bring, but I know I won't have time or the mental capacity to craft & blog, but please know I'm looking forward to the day when I can enjoy these things and my blog buddies again!  I'm thinkin' about you all.

They did finally fix our internet and some nights I'll sit up and numb my mind on Pinterest - getting lost in all the pins for a while.

Don't forget about me!  I'll be back and I love you guys!
KEEP ON CREATING - Lisa

"There is nothing more sad or glorious than generations changing hands"
- John Mellencamp - Scarecrow - 1985

7 comments:

Angela said...

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. Times like these are never easy and are heartbreaking. My mother was in a nursing facility for 5 years. It is physically and mentally draining. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am here, pm me if you just need to talk.
Angela

Angela-catnipnjacks said...

O my sweet friend I am so saddened to read what you are going through. Sending you lots of love , hugs and prayers from Ohio! And yes I miss you but I'll be here whenever you make it back ...just don't forget to take care of yourself while taking care of everyone else <3

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom....Lisa! My thoughts and Prayers are with you during this difficult time!

Sandi

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear what you and your Mom have been going through. Sending healing energy to her and hugs to you, wish I could do more to ease your burden. Deb xo

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Lisa, I am so sorry about your mom, I will keep you both in my prayers. I know it has been difficult for you. Prayers for you and your mom to have peace and comfort. I have missed you, bunches of hugs! Lecia

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Lisa, We would never forget about you.
So sorry to hear about your Mom and what you've all been through.
Sending prayers to you both ~ Take care.
Blessings
Robin

Earlene L. said...

Hi Lisa, I just read your post and was worried where you have been.
So sorry, I am behind and need to catch up.
She sounds like a very strong lady with a loving daughter.
(((((Hugs))))
Earlene