Sunday, September 27, 2015

GOOD WILL



A few months back a Goodwill store opened in our town.  Some time ago I started making a conscious effort to stay away from antique stores, second hand shops, etc.  Too many good deals and little treasures that are hard to pass up!


But today we had to put outfits together for "Spirit Week" which precedes Homecoming at my daughter's school.  Off to Goodwill we go.  It's a wonderful store.  We found some needed items for Spirit Week but as my daughter was coaxing me toward the check out (she's been haunting old out of the way antique shops and sales with me since before she could walk - she knows it's dangerous territory for me) I noticed a bag of old clothes pins.  Just like mom used to use.

MINE.


I love the pins with the wires around them and the square pins, but the pin above is my favorite.  If you look close you can see teeth marks where someone held the pin in their mouth to have it at the ready when they got their laundry situated on the clothes line just right.


I wouldn't share this with a lot of people, I can already see the blank look on their face: "calm down, Lisa, it's just an old clothespin".  But I was so excited over this find.  I have a feeling most of my blog buddies will get it, LOL.  Love you guys.

Have a blessed week ~*~ Lisa

4 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Oh I get it girlfriend, those are wonderful old pins, I'm excited for you!!!!! Blessings Francine.

Prims By The Water said...

I have a bunch of old clothespins in a clothespin bag my mom made for me. Its from an old 1950's pattern which is a dress. Janice

Earlene L. said...

LOL I get it!
You watching lunar eclipse tonight up north?
Hugs
Earlene

BumbleBeeLane said...

I can see her in her apron standing at the line with that clothespin in her mouth, smell of fresh washed sheets blowing in the breeze. Yep we get it...smile...~♥Amy