Tuesday, October 6, 2015

FABRIC JOY


Pulled some remnants off my fabric shelf and washed them today.  A very basic task but I got so much enjoyment out of standing by the patio doors and ironing out each piece.  I didn't realize how many remnants I had collected until I had to iron out each one, LOL.  Whoops!

I'm still playing around with sewing up some child-friendly dolls.  It gives me a chance to play with the bright color fabrics instead of the prims I'm used to.  And part of the fun of a project is picking out and coordinating the fabrics, right?

Caught a tip on a facebook doll making group page about not drying the fabric after you wash it and simply iron it dry.  With the spin cycle it comes out just damp, ready to be ironed.  Really cuts down on the string tangles too.  I've always dried my fabric - it makes quite a tangle, which is probably why I dreaded the job, but no more. 

Hope this inspired you in some way - maybe to pull out your fabric stash and play around with some combinations and get some ideas for your next project!

~*~ Lisa

6 comments:

susan hemann said...

love to look at and care for my fabric too, making a child friendly doll for my granddaughter she will be 1 on Halloween

Primitive Stars said...

Oh so pretty, very nice stash Lisa.Blessings Francine.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Thanks for the tidbit Lisa!!!
Enjoy making your not so prim dolls ~ looking forward to seeing them!
Many Blessings
Robin

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Look at all those lovely remnants, amazing how they add up isn't it??!! Can't wait to see what you create with them Lisa, I know it will be wonderful. And great tip on ironing the washed remnants without drying them, will have to file that one in the memory banks (and hope I don't forget what I filed it under!!) Deb xo

Prims By The Water said...

Just getting out my Christmas stash of fabric. Great tip! Janice

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Lisa, you sure have some pretty stashes of fabric,
can't wait to see what all you are going to make with it. hugs, Lecia