Sunday, October 4, 2015

SIMPLE JOY: FALL SCENTS


I'm one of those people who likes the glow of burning candles and lamplight.  Maybe some acoustic playing in the background.  My husband is one of those people who likes every overhead light in the house on and the sports channel turned up loud (sometimes on more than one TV! LOL).  And he doesn't do well with certain smells if they are too strong so I am careful what and when I burn around him.

A simple joy for me when I can is to light some candles and this is the BEST time of the year for candle scents!  Anything pumpkin is usually a safe bet.  The little frosted candle jars above were only $1 at Wally's and they burn well.  The scents that I burn together at the same time are:

"Creamy Pumpkin Pie"
"Candied Maple Sugar"

Been having a hard time finding tarts that smell like their namesake lately so I was happy to find these. And being that they are so affordable you don't have to feel guilty about burning them often like some of the more expensive candle/tart brands.

I just wish they could replicate the smell of the oak & maple leaves and pine cones and acorns being baked by the sun on a beautiful fall day!

What's your favorite candle scent?

~*~ Lisa

5 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Lisa, I am like you and love little lights burning and candles. It is just so relaxing. I don't like the strong scents either, I love anything pumpkin. And my husband has football on today, he takes over the TV when football is on. he he hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

Oh we are one and the same, love candle glow, have one burning all day into the night. Love pumpkin too but anything spicy will do. Blessings Francine.

susan hemann said...

I have a hand made candle that smells like the ocean. And another from Pottery Barn that has a light soft smell, it's lovely. I also love the smell of cinnamon and apple. i have to be careful due to allergies. Candle light is so calming.

Prims By The Water said...

I love candy corn for Halloween, Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving and Pine or Candy Cane for Christmas. Janice

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

I do love candle and oil lamp light but don't burn scented candles or tarts much other than beeswax or vanilla. Cinnamon would probably be my choice for scent if I did burn them, reminds me of holiday baking :O)