Thursday, October 15, 2015

The "S" Word


Had to take these pics on the way to work the other morning.  The leaves finally changed and they are so beautiful this year.


My mom is still in rehab after her stroke - 2 weeks tomorrow and they added one more week on before she will go back to assisted living apartment in our town.  She moved her fingers for the first time since the stroke this week - I can't believe what a hard worker and a fighter she is.  I travel over every other day after work to see her - that's a 4 hour minimum round trip.  A great opportunity to enjoy the fall colors!


Needless to say I'm never home and have still been trying to stitch up my harvest WIPS in the morning before work.  BECAUSE ... the weather lady said the "S" word this morning.  Yep...maybe a little SNOW this Saturday.  I did pick up a pumpkin yesterday on my lunch running errands for Mom...it's still in my backseat LOL.  

Sure hope that weather lady is wrong - and I hope you are enjoying your fall where you are - it's the most wonderful time of the year!  Off to work now.  We have world relief quilt & kit packing this morning then a youth group dinner fundraiser tonight - looks like spaghetti for dinner...I think I forgot to eat dinner last night.  I watched mom drink her pureed food, poor mom, yuck.  A nice older gentleman in rehab gave me his cherry milkshake, that was my dinner haha! 

(Can someone remind to take that pumpkin out of my backseat in a few days? That would not be good!  tee hee)

~*~Lisa


3 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Lisa, prayers for your mom, good to hear she moved her fingers. Love your pretty pictures of the trees, beautiful. Take care my friend,Hugs Francine.

The Rusty Thimble said...

Praying for your mom Lisa.
YUCK on the S word, I hope we do not hear it
in Oklahoma this year! Not looking forward to winter

Hugs
Brenda

Prims By The Water said...

Hope your mom gets better. That "S" word you were talking about was a Sunny day right????? Frost warnings for us tomorrow night. Take your pumpkin out of the car Janice