Saturday, November 7, 2015

FALL SKIES & GINGERS


Have moved on to Christmas crafts - the ginger above isn't really "prim" but he's so stinkin' cute I had to share.  Made from a Dolls and Daydreams pattern.  The swirls on his "frosting" are hand-stitched, it was a fun pattern to work with.


Ahhh... here are the prim gingers...or at least the fabric I picked out for them and the pattern.  I wanted a larger pattern than what I have so I printed the outline of a vintage cookie cutter.  My friend Patti and I were talking about sewing up a bunch and sticking them in bowls with greens & berries, pinecones & cinnamon sticks...are you inspired yet?


View of the fall sky on my way to work a while back. Picture doesn't do the scene justice, but the sky was so dark and the sun lit up the field and trees - quite the contrast, very breathtaking.


And this was the view of the sky outside of my work as I was leaving Friday evening.  Soon the skies and landscape will be nothing but winter-white.  

Blessings on your weekend blog buddies - thanks for stopping by♥

~*~Lisa

2 comments:

peggy said...

You did such a good job on her and I just went back and looked at your fall things, they were just lovely. I always like to see what you are making. Post your Christmas things please. I am finished selling for this year and already have the itch to start some new things. Beautiful sky where you are, wide open spaces I love.

susan hemann said...

such a sweet doll and beautiful sky! Happy Thanksgiving!