Thursday, November 19, 2015

SNOWGUARD


Hi blog buddies!

Well, since our last visit we've gone from fall skies to high winds and flurries in no. MI.  Found these little guys guarding my Singer on the dining room table.  I've been cutting out dolly pattern pieces and I think the cat may have been snooping while I was at work.  Good little snow soldiers.

The snow is so bittersweet, isn't it?  The older I get the more I feel I could do without it.  But the older I get the more I reminisce about the joy and wonder of it all that I had as a kid.  Snowmen and snow forts and sledding and skating and snow days and skiing....and sometimes just staring up at the sky watching those big fluffy flakes fall, not making a sound.  

Do you have a love/hate relationship with snow?

Stay warm buddies - thanks for stopping by ♥

~*~ Lisa

7 comments:

Angela said...

Hello Lisa, Love your Snow folks. Too cute. Well being from West Central GA. we rarely see snow, so I would love just one winter to live where we could enjoy all the white stuff and the fun that could go along with it. However, driving for us Southerners would be a disaster. We panic when we do get a dusting. I am sure Mr. P. would not want to deal with going to work in it, so we better be thankful we rarely see it here. I am 60 years old and just a few years back is the first time in my life we had snow on Christmas. A wonderful fun holiday that was. Have a great weekend.
Angela

Prims By The Water said...

Snow...yes I love to hate it...right after Christmas. Love your snow guards. Janice

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Lisa, love the snow folk... Got snow here today too, had to come sooner or later.Blessings Francine.

The Rusty Thimble said...

NO love HERE I hate the stuff, and the older I get the worse it is LOL
I do not like winter and hope it is short this year :)
Love your snowmen Lisa

Brenda

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Lisa, I am like you and have that love/hate relationship with snow. Your snowbuddies are adorable. hugs, Lecia

susan hemann said...

such sweet snowman! Yes I have a love/hate relationship with snow. I think it's beautiful, but since I'm in a scooter I cannot get around outside in the snow. This is what I would like- snow for December, then Jan 1st, back to spring Happy thanksgiving!!
I'm from Michigan too.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Love your snow guardsmen Lisa! And I most definitely have a love/hate relationship with snow, I'd like it much more if it would arrive on December 20th and leave on December 27th, a week of snow for Christmas sounds just about right! Stay warm! Deb xo