Sunday, March 20, 2016

SPIDER BABIES


Hi Blog Buddies! Hope you are experiencing sunny weather where you are and the snow is melting or gone and you have not been affected by some of the terrible spring flooding.
Still cold here but most of the snow has melted.  Starting to think about gardening.  I wanted to share my spider baby plant with you.  I had been wanting one for some time and found some babies rooting in cups for $1 at a thrift store last April.  I brought a little one home.

Almost a year later, this is how much the spider plant has grown:


As you can see, my spider baby is having babies.  I plan to cut them off and start rooting them in cups of water when it gets warmer.  

Until the weather warms up, enjoy looking through your gardening catalogs - and there's always Pinterest for great garden & porch ideas!

Thanks for stopping by ~*~ Lisa

3 comments:

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

My son started a baby spider plant in (school in one of his classes he took) for me last fall. When he brought it home it was maybe 6 inches tall, just a little thing. It has grown so much since then. Almost looks as big as yours. I Love plants. Yours is beautiful! Thank You for sharing! Love how you displayed it on that crate.

Sandi

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon Lisa, nice Spider plant, I just planted babies from my older plant . Happy Spring,Francine.

Prims By The Water said...

What a lovely spider plant! Suppose to have 3 inches of snow Wed..double yuck. Janice